Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Contract

Way back in May I was getting so excited about moving back to Sactown and living with my dear little twin sister again. Now I've been living with her for about 3 months, and I'm still not sick of her. One of the reasons why I was excited about living with her was because I had high hopes we would be able to keep each other accountable to living well... watching our money, keeping up with the spiritual disciplines, eating well, cleaning our poor little house... Until a couple days ago that wasn't really happening. Then we wrote a contract. This is the Bible verse we wrote on it:

"Give me understanding, that I may keep thy law and observe it with my whole heart."
Psalm 119:34.

So far it's been working. Thank God for people around us that can help. And for the excitement of living in a way that is pleasing to God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The past few days I've had to pay... I'm just so naughty!