Saturday, April 5, 2008

Engaged is an epidemic, but I don't have the fever

I have noticed lately a number of acquaintances and friends have gotten engaged. In light of this I decided to conduct a little experiment to see if Facebook could tell me how many of my friends were engaged. What it told me was that 160 of my friends or people from Whitworth are engaged. What?! I started looking through them and found so many that I had no idea were even close to being engaged. Well, I have been out of touch with Whitworth for some time, but still... It was shocking! I'm glad for all of you out there who have found someone who you feel comfortable and ready to decide to SPEND THE REST OF YOUR LIFE with. I however, am not even close. All the single girls out there say "Hey!"

3 comments:

Alison said...

Hey!

Anonymous said...

hey hey hey!

I think half of the music department at calvin is engaged...it's kind of intense...

Anonymous said...

I know about the engagement pressure for sure ... so many Calvin Crest couples started dating after Geoff and I and then got engaged AND married before us. Which is really just fine, but why, why, why do people have to ask inconsiderate questions like, "So when are you getting married?" Or, my new favorite, "When are you guys going to have a baby?" What the ...? All I'm saying is, the pressure to move on the the next life stage NEVER relents. It just takes a new form.