Monday, April 30, 2007

Spring is Relative

Spring has officially been here for over a month now. Sometimes that is not a reality in Spokane. Well, I guess it's just not the Spring that I think of when I hear the word. Growing up in Sacramento the lilacs would be blooming for my birthday at the end of March. In Spokane (the lilac capital of the world) lilacs don't bloom until May. In Sacramento people start where T-shirts and flip-flops in the 70 and 80 degree weather of March and April. In Spokane people start wearing flip-flops and T-shirts at the same time but it is only in the 60s and we are only imagining that we are warm. Today it is sunny and in the mid 60s and I feel like shaving my legs and putting shorts on. I guess even weather is relative sometimes.


Tori took this picture in the English Department Garden at Whitworth.

No comments: