Thursday, September 4, 2008

Choice

Recently I have found myself in situations in which it would be very easy to be negative. For example, driving home from work, stuck in traffic when it's 96 degrees outside and my air conditioner is broken. It would be very easy for me to start grumbling about how these people in Sacramento are crazy drivers and how traffic sucks and my car is on it's last legs. Instead I decided to pump up the oldies and sing along. It was so refreshing to make the choice to have a positive attitude about my situation. So often there is nothing we can do about where we find ourselves except how we will react. I would much rather make the choice to be a happy person. This may seem obvious to some, but I find that I often have to make a conscientious choice about it during the mundane, everyday moments. Another choice I made recently was that haircut I mentioned in my previous post. Here is a picture:

3 comments:

Ian Schanning said...

Yeah, this is exactly what I do. And music, in particular, is one of those great things that can always make one smile.

And you are not as bald as I had hoped. Looks good, though

Geoff said...

i too was expecting something more drastic. It's tough (sometimes) to imagine the result when it is written...I like.

Rachel said...

Yeah, it wasn't really "all off." It was actually just 4 inches, but it still had a similar effect. Thanks guys.